Sister E came over for breakfast yesterday morning and it was crêpes on my mind. So I got the crêpe batter going early in the morning, left it to rest for 1 hour and then preceded to make something to go with it.
At this very exciting moment, I stared at the fruit bowl and the oranges winked back at me. Opened the fridge and the grapes reached out to me so I thought, “You have lots of grapes in the fridge, so why not make a grape coulis chiquita?”, and I said, yeahhhhh, why not!. So I reached out to the grapes reaching to me and began to make this easy, fruity and yumm-ilicious number.
- 250g grapes
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- Juice of half a small lemon
- Put them all in a small saucepan and cook for about 10-12 minutes or until the grapes the grapes are soft but still hold their shape.
- Take a few of the grapes out (about 10) and blend the rest to a smooth purée
- Pass through a sieve to get a nice smooth coulis texture, mix the other whole grapes in, let cool (if you can go without putting fruity, tasty the spoon right into your mouth 😉 ) and enjoy.
Then it was time to turn my undivided attention to the oranges that winked at me earlier, so I thought two things, Orange…..Syrup….enough said
- 2 large oranges (juiced)
- 1 and half Tbsp sugar
- Mix the juice and the sugar together in as small saucepan and boil on medium heat for about 15 minutes or until it has reduced to about 1/3 of the original amount.
- By now it will be intense yellow as in the picture. Allow to cool, and drizzle on whatever you like and enjoy 🙂
Ps: this morning I had some syrup left so I drizzled mine on soy yogurt topped with granola. Wanna try 😉