- 500 g Strawberries (washed and hulled)
- 1/2 cup of sugar (you can use a lesser amount of agave nectar if you with)
- 1 tsp natural vanilla essence
- Make the biscuit base as usual,
- Make the cheese filling as usual but add 1 tsp of natural vanilla essence to the cheesecake mixture,
- Bake as per usual conditions,
- Meanwhile slice up about 6-8 Strawberries depending on size of your strawberries and put aside
- Put the rest of the berries into a pan with the sugar and start to heat on low heat (DO NOT add any water to this because these guys are full of ‘em, just wait and after only a few minute they’ll begin to spew out red juici-ness )
- When your pan is full of strawberry water you can increase the heat and bring to the boil until it reduces by a quater.
- Now at this stage you have two suggestions to flow with:
- Turn of the heat, blend the fruit mixture and pass through a chinois to obtain a pulp-less smooth coulis
- Orrrr if like me you don’t mind texture and chunk, simply turn off the heat and allow to cool.
- And when the cheesecake is ready to go just pour the coulis all over the cheesecake
- Than decorate with strawberries (as in the picture or otherwise)