The final order for this weekend was this chocolate bébé.
So the cake inside is a rich chocolate cake. The filling/icing is buttercream flavoured with homemade banana puree and the decorations are banana chips and strawberries dipped in dark chocolate. It got delivered yesterday and the new owners were pretty happy to see it and so was I. Now now for me to take a breather..phewwwww what a week it’s been.
The recipe for the banana puree was quite simple and can also be used as baby food.
For that you’ll need:
- 3 ripe banana’s
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice ( this stops the banana from going black when it comes in contact with air)
- Bring all of the ingredients together to boil in a small saucepan
- As it is boiling mash the banana into a puree with a fork or a masher
- remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly
- blend to a purée with a hand blender or whatever you have at hand.
- Cool to whatever temperature you wish and serve this yumm yummy 🙂
Bon weekend y’all