Yesterday evening, we had a women’s gathering at my Yoga School. It was Devi Puja where we got to celebrate the divine mother, Durga. The Maha goddess, the Life energy within us that calls us to remain rooted in the heart and be true no matter what life brings our way. It was a powerful gathering and beautifully set up too….just magical! I would post the pics but I don’t have any with me. If I get a hold of it I’ll attached them here.
So for our gathering we were encouraged to bring prasad (blessed food) to share with everyone and I made these babies. Decadent-looking but the easiest thing you’ll ever make. Hidden within the cocoa and melted chocolate exterior is nothing but…..**drum roll**…….Energy bites! I know right!. Mikeala, I was so thinking of you when I made these.
It was a pleasant surprise for the women at the gathering.
Conversations sounded like this:
-‘ohh I shouldn’t have one. I can’t have truffles now, I’ve eaten too much’
-Just try it
-Ohh no I shouldn’t
-C’mon go for it, you’ll be surprised.
-Hmmmm, ok then
*one bite* yum yum yum
-Looks like it’s bad but ohh sooo good for you!
Ok shall we?
For this, you’ll need:
- One batch of the no-bake energy balls as in recipe here
- 100g dark chocolate (melted)
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder in a cylinder shaped container (I used an old cocoa container)
- Spoon and fork
Are you ready?
- Put a skewer into each ball,
- Scoop up some melted chocolate with your spoon,
- Swirl the ball around the spoon until it is all covered in chocolate,
- Use the fork to release the ball onto parchment paper,
- Allow to cool and dry a bit for about 30mins,
- Scoop up with a spoon and put into the container with the cocoa powder in it,
- Swirl around until the ball is nicely coated and looks like a truffle,
Pop into your mouth,Place gently into a container and refrigerate.