Some lovely yummy mummy sisters came over for lunch today with their babies and all brought food to share while I took on the dessert duty……ohh, dommage! 🙂
Had to be something fresh, yummy, and pretty easy to make…(drumroll!!) and enters Yumny Berry crunch….in a cup. Are you having some friends over this hot summer time?…make this and you won’t regret it, Promise! Plus I just realised, it’s way easier to have a gathering where everyone brings something instead of having to make the whole 3 course meal yourself, especially when you have a crazy but cute and scrummy toddler hanging off your leg. Anyone wanna bring a dish round mine……to share? I’ll be your dessert lady 😉
Alright let’s get to it.
Crunch for 4 peeps, you’ll need:
- 200g plain flour
- 100g Sunflower spread (dairy-free)
- 50g Demerara sugar
- 50 g Oats
Go wild here and choose whatever you fancy, blueberries, blackberries etc etc. I chose Rasp and Strawberries for mine. Can’t get enough of ’em.
For the coulis:
For the vanilla cream, you’ll need:
- 250ml rice cream or Soya cream
- 25g icing sugar
- 1 vanilla bean pod or 1tsp of vanilla essence
- Mix all the ingredients for the crunch together until they resemble breadcrumbs, cool in the fridge for 10 minutes and bake in a 200 degree oven for 20 minutes, then set aside to cool.
- Prepare your coulis and put in the fridge to cool.
- Clean and cut your whole berries up.
- Whisk the ingredients for the cream together until thoroughly mixed and set aside.
- Put a handful of crunch at the base of your cup.
- Followed by a tablespoon each of the berries
- Drizzle on some coulis
- Then repeat the steps until you get your desired height.
- Serve with cream and remaining coulis on the side and watch as it disappears in a flash
- Enjoy everyone and happy Friday to you…yes you 😉