Together with the sticky ginger nuts I posted yesterday, I also made these no bake balls for the guests at the event. This recipe was given to me by my sister, Mikeala. Whenever we used to gather for wekends together she always brought these with her and they were just too good I had to ask for the recipe.
So the original recipe is from Ali here: http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/no-bake-energy-bites/ But you can totally jazz ’em up as you wish. For instance you can add sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, chocolate chips, use other types of nut butter, add agave instead of honey, omit some ingredients, add a few more…it’s just really very versatile and that’s one of the many reasons why I love it so. Wanna give it a go?
For this I used:
- 1 cup porridge oats
- 2/3 cup toasted desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter (or cashew nut butter, almond butter, sunflower seed butter etc etc)
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1/3 cup dark honey (or agave nectar, maple syrup etc etc)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix all the ingredients together in a big bowl by hand (or spatula if you prefer)
- Refridgerate for 30-45mins so it hardens
- Roll into petite balls between the palms of your hand.
Happy Sunday one and all.