As promised, here are some recipes for the beautiful mini Lemon cupcakes I made last weekend for some beautiful pregnant ladies.
For 15 mini pop-in-your-mouth goodness, you’ll need:
- 63 g Pure Sunflower spread
- 63 g self-raising flour
- 63 g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp soya milk
- 1 large egg
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
For the lemon icing:
- 30 g Pure sunflower spread
- 125 g icing sugar, sifted
- 2 tbsp concentrated lemon coulis (make as my orange coulis, recipe here)
- Mini muffin tins and 15 mini paper cases
- Line the muffin tin with the paper cases. Put all the cake ingredients into a bowl, and beat with a spatula until combined and smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into individual paper cases. I find full 1 tsp for each more than enough for each case.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C/gas for 20mins or until well risen and light golden brown.
- Transfer the cakes in their cases to a wire rack, and leave to cool.
- When cooled, prick each cake with a toothpick and spoon 1/4 tsp of lemon coulis on top, then allow it to soak in.
- For the icing:
- Beat the spread and the icing sugar into small bowl with a whisk or spatula until evenly combined. Add the lemon coulis and beat again until smooth
- Pipe onto your cakes with any tip you like…I have used the wilton star tip here. Decorate as you wish, pop into your mouth…..feeeeel the zing 😉