Quinoa was on my mind yesterday so I made this beauty up for lunch. No fussin’ n fightin’. Just plain easy with a lot of yummy in my tummy.
For 2-3 people, you’ll need:
- 130g quinoa
- 130g chinese mushrooms
- 50g ground almonds
- 3 tomatoes (roughly blended)
- 2 garlic cloves (pan roasted and crushed)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 small onion
- 60 ml veggie stock
- Thinly sliced courgettes
- Grated carrots
- Put quinoa in a pan, roast on high heat for about 5 mins until it starts to pop a little like pop-corn
- Remove from heat and add freshly boiled water to this, watch it bubble excitedly
- Return to the boil, reduce heat to medium and cook until done (5 mins is enough and crunchy quinoa is nice quinoa)
- Rinse, drain, and set aside
- Put the olive oil in a pan and add the onions, cooking until slightly brown
- Add the tomato, veggie stock, almonds and Chinese mushrooms and let the juice reduce by half (about 10 mins)
- Stir in garlic, ginger, salt and pepper and cook for another 5 mins
- Set the heat on low and add the quinoa, stirring to mix it in.
- Turn off the heat
- Garnish as shown in the picture with twirls of raw courgette and carrot.
Did I say easy peasy? Yes I did! 😉