So here it is guys, the pineapple post as promised.
I got a little boost of energy on Friday so decided to wonder down to the market for some fruits and veg. I was so burstling with IT that I even cycled to the market. Did all the shopping in superwoman style and was dead after. Couldn’t even look at the bike again so I humbly took the metro home (silently wishing it would stop right in front of my door so I wouldn’t have to walk the 100m to get home). When I did get home, I crashed down on the bed, slept a little, well……almost all day and came around to look at the fruits on Saturday morning. Anyway these were some of the guys I came home with:
So I thought to make a colourful breakfast/ dessert out of them. Berries in a mock tartlet of pineapple. This is like the easiest dessert in the world and fresh too but looks really pretty on the plate so here ‘s how I assembled it.
- Pineapple slices /Ananas (it’s the season now so they come out nice and sweet)
- Strawberries / Fraise
- Raspberries / Framboise
- Blueberries / Myrtille
- Blackberries / Mûre
- Agave sirop or honey / Sirop d’Agave ou Miel
- Arrange the pineapple slices on your serving plate
- Slice your strawberries and put them in first
- Then scatter the other berries in whatever amount and in whichever fashion you wish.
- Drizzle with some agave (if you want to cut through the tartness of the berries)
With the left over pineapple and berries, I decided to make something else, Berried Pineapple cubes
- Pineapple cubes /Ananas (it’s the season now so they come out nice and sweet)
- Handful of Strawberries / une poignée de Fraises
- Handful of Raspberries / une poignée de Framboises
- Handful of Blueberries / une poignée Myrtilles
- 8 Blackberries / Mûre
- 1 Tbsp Agave sirop or honey / Sirop d’Agave ou Miel
- Cut the pineapple into cubes and arrange on your serving plate
- Blend all the berries together with the agave or honey until nice and smooth
- Pass the mixture through a sieve to get a smooth texture
- Drizzle the coulis onto the cubes and decorate as you with.