For the weekend, this happened upon a special mama as a gift (although part of this ‘gift’ was eaten before it was packed, by whom? you ask, I wonder). Mmmmm berry berry yummy indeed ;-).
The original plain dairy-full recipe is by this yummy mummy over here: http://mostlyyummymummy.com/2010/08/03/lemon-muffins/
Let’s get to it shall we, Enjoy!
For this version, you’ll need:
- 280g plain flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 115g fine golden caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 100ml soya milk plus 100ml soya cream to make 200ml in total
- 6 tbsp sunflower oil
- juice and zest of two lemons
- 2 punnets of Strawberries
- 1 punnet of blueberries
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
For the muffins:
- Preheat the oven to 200 oC/400 oF/Gas Mark 6 and grease muffin tin or place cases in muffin tin.
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder together then stir in the caster sugar.
- in a separate bowl, beat the eggs then beat in the milk, oil and lemon juice and add the lemon zest.
- Gently beat the egg mixture into the dry ingredients until combined but don’t over mix.
- Bake in a 180°C preheated oven for 25 minutes until risen and golden brown
- Then transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool.
For Coulis – use this recipe. But keep some berries aside for topping.
- Muffin – 1 tbsp of Coulis – some chopped fruit….Done!