We had Aubergine in our delivery box last week so I had to use it to do something when the week was running out. End of the week, feeling a little knackered to cook anything for dinner but want something yummy all the same? Grab these ingredients and you’ve got yourself a super smokey, super easy, super yummy and super duper dip.
I got the inspiration from the sweet Abel and Cole’s cookbook but have changed it as there isn’t any garlic, tahini, lemon but thought to add the onion and tomato instead. Et voilà, just these few ingredients and you’re good to go.
For this, you’ll need:
- A whole Aubergine
- A whole tomato, cut in half
- Half an Onion
- 1/4 tsp of smoked Paprika
- Glugs of Olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Put all the veggies on a baking tray and into a 200°C pre-heated oven.
- Leave for an hour or until your Aubergine is really soft an mushy as this will depend on the size so check for extra mushiness before going to next step. (Note: turn the Aubergine once so it cooks well on both sides).
- Put all the roasted ingredients (aubergine with skin and all) together with paprika, salt and olive oil into your food processor and blend till smooth.
- Drizzle on more olive oil and serve with pitta bread, carrot stick or just spoon it into your mouth…it’s that good! 🙂