This is spicy and pretty mini banana mouthful with pistachio cream cheese frosting.
- 115 g Sunflower spread (dairy-free)
- 150 g light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 mashed bananas
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 250 g self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp gound cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 120 ml alpro soya single cream plus 1tbsp lemon juice (left to rest for 5 mins)
Cream Cheese Pistachio Frosting
- 200 g Tofutti cream cheese at room temperature
- 50 g Sunflower spread (dairy-free)
- 200 g grams icing sugar
- 100 g roasted unsalted pistachio nuts (chopped roughly in a food processor)
- Freeze dried strawberries, heart shaped sugar and red sugar decorations to sprinkle on top, optional
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line 5 12-bun mini muffin pans with 30 mini cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the mashed bananas and vanilla, and mix thoroughly.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together in a medium bowl.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in 3 additions, stirring GENTLY with the whisk after each addition.
- Add the cream and stir until combined. The batter might be lumpy but breathe, don’t fret.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the cupcake liners.
- Bake each batch for 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before frosting.
Make the frosting.
- In a medium bowl using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese and butter together on medium speed for 1 minute. Set to low speed and slowly add the icing sugar. Switch to medium speed and beat for 2 minutes until combined and creamy.
- Add the pistachios and beat ever so gently until combines
- Put the frosting in your favourite pipping bag and way you go!!
- Decorate with the strawberries and sugars as you like and serve.