Together with the sticky ginger nuts I posted yesterday, I also made these no bake balls for the guests at the event. This recipe was given to me by my sister, Mikeala. Whenever we used to gather for wekends together she always brought these with her and they were just too good I had to ask for the recipe.
So the original recipe is from Ali here: http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/no-bake-energy-bites/ But you can totally jazz ’em up as you wish. For instance you can add sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, chocolate chips, use other types of nut butter, add agave instead of honey, omit some ingredients, add a few more…it’s just really very versatile and that’s one of the many reasons why I love it so. Wanna give it a go?
For this I used: Continue reading
Went to an event yesterday to talk to pregnant women about my work as a Doula and I made these to take with me. They were a total hit and oohh soo yum! Let’s get to it.
- 250g of Cashew nuts
- 1tsp sunflower oil
- 1Tbsp ginger infused honey
- 1tsp ground ginger
- Put the nuts in a pan to roast for about 5mins on medium to high heat,
- Drizzle in the oil when they start to get a bit o’ colour on ’em,
- Fry for another couple of minutes,
- Add the honey with the ginger and toss it all around on high heat. Watch your spoon because it’ll begin to get gooey and sticky,
- Take off the heat once it starts sizzling and all caramelised,
- Let cool and crunch away!
I had the inspiration to make these from the fab Vegangela where the original recipe called for peanut butter. I thought it was really good with peanut butter but decided to make it differently as I am biased towards cashew nuts. So I made these with the simplest ingredients and they were great without needing to add any extra sugar. The cashew purée is already sweet on its own and coupled with the dates makes it a real dessert treat for those sweet teeth.